Get a true taste of the Indian coast with this private tour of Goa by night that includes a Mandovi River cruise and dinner. Spend six hours venturing over land and water in the eclectic city of Panaji. Relax on a scenic river cruise while you take in traditional performances that highlight the regional culture. Then visit several religious sites in the Altinho neighborhood. Your informative guide will share insight and information as you tour the Mae De Deus Church and other landmarks before tucking in to a typical Indian dinner and returning you back to your hotel.
- 6-hour evening tour of Panaji in Goa with an expert private guide
- Relax on a 1-hour scenic cruise along the Mandovi River aboard the Santa Monica cruise ship
- Watch traditional Goan dances and musical performances on board the cruise
- Tour Panaji by private vehicle and by foot and learn about the sites you see from your guide
- See religious structures beautifully lit up such as the Mae De Deus Church, the Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church and the Maruti Temple
- Admire stunning views of Panaji illuminated at night from the Altinho hilltop
- Dine on traditional Indian specialties at a popular restaurant
What You Can Expect
Private Tour: Goa by Night Including Mandovi River Cruise and Dinner Private Tour: Goa by Night Including Mandovi River Cruise and Dinner Your friendly local guide will collect you from your hotel and transport you in air-conditioned comfort to the Santa Monica Jetty in Panjai where this private tour of Goa by night, including Mandovi River Cruise and dinner kicks off. Take in the sights as you float on peaceful waters as your guide shares insight and stories about the Palace of Adil Shah and other landmarks. Your boat ride also includes a cultural performance complete with brightly colored costumes, traditional dance and music that highlight local customs. You’ll hear Goan mando, which blends Western and Indian traditions using themes of love and political resistance. You can even dance to music from a live DJ on board! When the cruise is over your guide will take you to Panaji’s most prized sights. You’ll drive to Mae de Deus Church of Saligao and revel at its incredible Gothic architecture. You’ll have time to wander the grounds and explore on foot before continuing to one of the oldest churches in the state. Our Lady of Immaculate Conception is a plain but important structure. You’ll drive through hillsides in the neighborhood of Altinho and arrive atop one of its peaks to enjoy the well-lit Maruti Temple, which was dedicated to Lord Hanuman, the monkey god. Savor the incredible views before heading off to enjoy a traditional Indian dinner at a restaurant picked by your guide before returning to your hotel.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Boat cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to and from site locations
- Entrance fees to all sites listed
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat cruise availability is subject to weather conditions, especially during monsoon season in July and August
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What’s this?
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Departs from your Goa hotel
- commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- 10-12 hours
- Returns to original departure point