Experience the wonder of India’s culture and history on this private walking tour of Old Delhi. Follow an expert guide through the city’s ‘havelis’—impressive private mansions—and listen to stories about the Red Fort and other key urban highlights. Comb through the stalls of Chandni Chowk and sample traditional Indian cuisine at Chor Bazaar. Be completely immersed in the lifestyle of locals as you travel the same streets they do on this incredible tour.
- Half-day walking tour of Ballimaaran, an area of Old Delhi
- Take in the local atmosphere and learn about Delhi’s heritage as you walk the streets with a private guide
- At Chor Bazaar, feast on a meal of local Indian specialties
- Enjoy the colorful sights and wonderful smells of Chandni Chowk
- Admire the marvelous Indian architecture of the Red Fort and Jama Masjid
- Listen to your guide’s informative commentary and fun anecdotes about Old Delhi and the sites you see
What You Can Expect
Your private guide will meet you at your Delhi hotel, where you’ll travel in air-conditioned comfort to Old Delhi. This ancient walled portion of the city was once the capital during the Mughal Dynasty. Wander the neighborhood known as Ballimaaran, where private mansions—including one that belonged to Urdu poet Mirza Ghalib—line the streets. Your guide will share information about the history and architecture of these iconic buildings known as havelis. Enjoy a typical Indian meal at Delhi’s largest flea market, Chor Bazaar. You’ll settle in to eat next to locals and travelers and experience the energy of this popular shopping destination. Once your hunger is satiated, travel with your guide through the back alleys of Ballimaaran, where you’ll get an up close look at modern life existing amid ancient structures. Pass by the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Red Fort and Jama Masjid—the largest mosque in the nation—while your guide shares Old Delhi history with you. Then walk the length of Chandni Chowk, where local markets selling crafts and Indian treats line a bustling square. Your tour ends with a private transfer back to your Delhi hotel.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Lunch or dinner (based on departure time)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- An extensive amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- Please bring drinking water with you – at least 1 liter (34 fl oz) per person is recommended
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What’s this?
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD. Click here to change your currency.
- Your Delhi city hotel
- commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- 10-12 hours
- Returns to original departure point