Top Five Tourist Destinations in India
It is more than just a difficult task to capture the diverse charm and uniqueness of Indian sub-continent by writing about a handful of destinations. No standard metrics or parameters have been used to prepare this list as it is created on the basis of common perceptions.
- Delhi: The capital of India is also an epicentre of all the political activities of India. Delhi has been known for its vibrancy and exhibits a perfect blend of the old and new world charm. The top attractions include mesmerising forts, mosques and monuments, which are sprinkled across all the corners of this city – as the remnants of the Mughal rulers and the British Raj. Delhi is also home to various landscaped gardens and is the culinary capital of the country. One can explore the utterly chaotic yet functioning Old Delhi and instantly switch back to the new world that offers contemporary vibrancy and spirit. Very rarely would you find such an impeccable blend of old and new.
- Agra & Taj Mahal: The timeless symbol of love “Taj Mahal” also comes as a part of the hugely popular Golden Triangle tourist circuit. Besides the iconic Taj, there are many monuments and historical attractions in Agra, which expound the tales of Mughal architecture and glory. There are various off the beaten track attractions in Agra including the Agra fort, Fatehpur Sikri, and Itmad-Ud-Daulah among others.
- Rajasthan:: The best time of the year to visit the regal state of Rajasthan is during the winter months. The majestic forts and palaces of Rajasthan and the traditional folk dances make it a truly enduring experience. Jodhpur and Jaisalmer are one of the most exotic cities of India, which offer an enigmatic experience due to their closeness to the Thar Desert. The city of Udaipur has earned prominence for its lakes and palatial palaces. In fact, it is also considered as one of the most romantic cities in India in the backdrop of the Mughal architecture and ethereal settings. This city is a must-visit place for all those who want to savour the taste of regal splendour and hospitality.
- Kerala Backwaters: Known as “God’s own country” for its backwaters, lagoons, tea plantations, sun kissed beaches and rich wildlife. A trip in a traditional houseboat along the palm-fringed backwaters translates into a truly outstanding experience – filled with tranquillity and blissfulness. A journey through these backwaters takes you to a different world, devoid of human cacophony, where you are caressed by the sublime energy in the lap of the nature.
- Goa: The top beach destination of India, which attracts many visitors across the world. The pristine coastline of Goa offers a lot to visitors – from its Portuguese heritage & culture to its local cuisines. It is well known for its New Years Eve beach parties. Goa offers an eclectic blend of blissfulness and ecstasy.